Seek Ye First

Good Morning Fellow Kingdom Citizens,

Today is the 8th of August, 2018 at 7:20 AM South African time. I must confess, it is a beautiful day and time to be alive. I woke up this morning at 5:30 AM  feeling blessed and glad to be alive.

I had a dream that I met one of my spiritual fathers, Dr Myles Munroe. Dr. Munroe is late, but his work in the Kingdom of Heaven has left a lasting impact on myself and the lives of many other fellow Kingdom Citizens. In my dream I met Dr. Munroe for the 1st time. Sadly I have never met him in person though. In the dream he introduced me to his son Chairo Munroe, whom I believe I ought to reach out to when the time is right.

On my drive to work this morning, I thought of something. Facing Adversity! I remembered a dark time in my life before accepting Salvation. A time just after my mothers passing in 2010, when alcohol had become my source of comfort. It was a dark time then and I confess that I was self destructing and had no spiritual grounding. I was 24 years old at the time. The best decision I made then regardless of the pain I was carrying was to go back to varsity at the age of 24 after having decided to quit my job as an insurance telesales agent.

Anyways, as I mentioned I had no spiritual grounding at the time and my life was like a reed being swayed by the wind of time and mainly "Alcohol". I drank a lot, mainly the cheap stuff as that tended to last longer as I mainly could afford to buy larger quantities of it. The worst was over a long weekend when I had almost a liter and a half of First Watch cheap Whisky by myself. I remember sticking my head out the window to vomit it out in the early hours of the morning. Yuuk! That was a really low moment in my life. I laugh to myself of how foolish I was at the time :). First Watch...

I did however have a wake up call, because towards the middle of 2011, while back at varsity, more adversity came my way. I found myself suspended for something I did not do. This got me sober and really thinking about my life. You see at the time, I was at Belgium IT Varsity in Pretoria North staying at res. Res was my only home in Gauteng at the time and being suspended meant that I had no where else to go. I needed to stay in school in order to have a place to stay.

So for a week while suspended I found myself heaving to beg for accommodation before my hearing. You see the security guards at Belgium Campus at the time were upset with a group of us and one night some of the guys came back drunk from the local pub and they caused a fight. I was unaware of this, and they being my drinking buddies came to my room after their night of drinking. Well, they knew that my absence from the pub with them meant that I had some booze in my room. And they came knocking, and I opened. I was probably passed out at the time of them being at Bentley's in Pretoria North. I should have played dead but how would I have known that trouble was lurking behind them. I don't blame them though.

Little did I know that my opening that door, meant that the where bringing with them a mad security guard who was following them and looking for a way to incriminate one of them for their consistent misbehavior. That person would be ME. My fault was that I opened the door and got excited when the gents rocked up. The music was turned on and the speakers cranked up - this really gave the security guard a case to argue against me. After all, I was full of it. I mean the alcohol and the desire to self destruct. I didn't however know that that one instance would bring about trouble which would hurt me in a deep way.

The guard came and started asking for student cards. Well, knowing that I had not personally fought with him at the main gate when the guys came back from drinking, I handed my card over. The following Monday morning I was called to the main office, and presented with a list of charges. One of them was for insulting the guard, and immediately I was told to pack my bags and go. This is were the fun began because at this time I had no other place to go. I was homeless and very dissapointedness in myself.

So I called around and eventually a friend allowed me to use one of his back rooms for the week while I awaited my hearing. I must say this week sobered me up. I began to think about my life and the opportunity that was about to be wasted. I prayed for the first time in a long time. I decided that alcohol is not my portion and that practically I can do without it. I realized that I am better off without drink.

So, the hearing came and I won the case. The school kinda apologized for the pain they brought me for my friends behavior. They never really showed it though. One of the reception ladies who caught wind of the story just said; "its sad to see you being punished for your friends actions". From then on, I stayed on the straight and narrow, finished the year of studying and went to work at First National Bank.

While at FNB, I got saved in 2014. My life has never being the same since then. Its 2018 now, I run my own company and I am spiritually stronger than every before. Through the teaching of many men of God such as Dr. Myles Munro, Pastor Benny Hinn, Pastor Chuks Ozabor and my many others, I found spiritual strength that is unshakable.

Just before typing this blog post out, I have been getting ready for a meeting in Centurion with a prospective client. I studied Information Technology and the company I run is a Software Development company. A few of our projects are in IOT and we are in the process of selling a tracking solution to a stock management company. I will be handing over our tracking unit and administration platform to them at 11 am as part of completing the proof of concept with them.

I thank God for saving me and redeeming my life. I believe that we have to constantly refine ourselves in order to be spiritually prepared to face adversity of all kinds. Let us use every opportunity to refine ourselves, even the opportunities that are painful and hard to bare with at first. Life is about balancing the joy and pain and treating both almost as equals. Spiritual strength allows us to do so.

However to have spiritual strength, one must look beyond the now and see almost into the life to come. The internal life which was promised by Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ says in Matthew 19:29 - "Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life."

Let us not get too caught up in the things of here and now but rather look beyond the here and now and focus on the things to come. The life to come which Jesus Christ has promised us in his return. To be spirituality prepared to means letting go of most of the things of the this world and holding onto the things of Gods Kingdom. For Gods Kingdom adds no sorrow with it, Just like Gods Word adds no sorrow with it. It only builds and edifies. I pray and wish you all strength and that all of you will remain spiritually strong and well grounded regardless of any adversities you may be facing.

Remember everything belongs to God, even the things which are in the hands of ungodly people. So know that your health, your life, your finances and the well being of your loved ones are in the hands of God. Do not seek salvation or rest in the wrong place in times of adversity but rather surrender to God Will and seek salvation in him when adversity comes. Surely it will come no matter how comfortable or complacent you may be at this point in time.

Back to work for me and a blessed day to you and yours. Gods Kingdom first.


Comments

  1. Its never too late to start from scratch. God's salvation is always available for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that things are going well for you, wishing you all the best. You have been a great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance in creating a unique value proposition through product positioning in order to create lasting appeal!

How to cope with doubt and worry in the productive process